CCC Practice Question Answer Paper Set - 14
1. Which of the following will determine your choice of systems software for your computer?
a. Is the applications software you want to use compatible with it?
b. It it expensive?
c. Is it compatible with your hardware?
d. Both (a) and (b)
2. What is a shell?
a. It is a hardware component
b. It is a command interpreter
c. It is a part of computer
d. It is a tool in CPU scheduling
3. What is the memory from 1K-640K called?
a. Extended memory
b. Normal memory
c. Low memory
d. Conventional memory
4. The number of processes completed per unit time is known as
5. Every host computer on the Internet has a (n)?
a. Similar IP address
b. Unique 15-digit number
c. Unique IP address
d. Common name and number
6. TCP/IP stands for?
a. Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
b. Transmission Control Procedures/Internet Procedures
c. Translation Computing Procedures/International Protocols
d. Transaction Computing Printing/Internet Protocols
7. In what decade was ARPANET developed?
8. Which of the following is an example of SPOOLED device?
a. The terminal used to enter the input data for a program being executed.
b. The secondary memory device in a virtual memory system
c. A line printer used to print the output of jobís
d. None of above
9. Virtual memory is?
a. Extremely large main memory
b. Extremely large secondary memory
c. An illusion of an extremely large main memory
d. A type of memory used in super computers
10. Which of the following file name extension suggests that the file is Backup copy of another file?
11. A tree structured file directory system
a. allow easy storage and retrieval of file names
b. is a much debated unnecessary feature
c. is not essential when we have millions of files
d. None of the above
12. Which technique was introduced because a single job could not keep both the CPU and the I/O devices busy?
c. Preemptive scheduling
13. Which directory implementation is used in most Operating System?
a. Single level directory structure
b. Two level directory structure
c. Tree directory structure
d. Acyclic directory structure
14. What was the department of the U.S. government that developed the initial stages of the Internet?
a. Department Commerce
b. Department of Defense
c. Department of the Military
d. Judicial Department
15. What is a backup?
a. Restoring the information backup
b. An exact copy of a systemís information
c. The ability to get a system up and running in the event of a system crash or failure
d. None of these
16. Which of the following options changes the fill color of an object back to default color?
d. Fill colors
17. A cell is defined as
a. The intersection of a column and a row
b. An input box
c. A rectangular marker
d. All of the above
18. What do you mean by a Workspace?
a. Group of Columns
b. Group of Worksheets
c. Group of Rows
d. Group of Workbooks
19. Which function is not available in the Consolidate dialog box?
20. To return the remainder after a number is divided by a divisor in Excel, we use the Ö. function?
d. None of these
on Link for Next Page